Overcoming legal barriers for key populations – on the way to 90-90-90
Donor: Elton John AIDS Foundation
Grantee/implementor: Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA)
- Georgia – Center for Information and Counseling on Reproductive Health “Tanadgoma”
- Kazakhstan – Kazakhstan Union of People Living with HIV
- Moldova – Union for HIV prevention and harm reduction (UORN)
Project expert partners:
- Canadian HIV/AIDS Legal Network (CHALN)
- Eurasian Coalition on Health, Rights, Gender and Sexual Diversity (ECOM)
- Sex Workers’ Rights Advocacy Network (SWAN)
Implementation period: 01.01.2021 – 30.06.2022
Project aim is to Improve the effectiveness of HIV continuum of care by overcoming legal barriers for the most vulnerable key populations on the EECA city level.
Short description: The project is building capacity of legal experts and paralegals to provide legal assistance to people who use drugs, men who have sex with men and sex workers to overcome legal barriers to get access to HIV care cascade. Together with project partners EHRA is addressing cases of human rights violations and legal barriers and analyzing systemic legal trends to advocate for change to ultimately decrease vulnerability of key populations to HIV and improve their access to HIV continuum of care.