Improving access to abortion in Georgia
Project Name: Improving access to abortion in Georgia
Financial support: Grand Challenges Canada (GCC)
Sub-grantor: NGO “Healthy Life”
Subcontractor Clinics: Batumi: Batumi International Hospital; Zestafoni: Clinic “Elite”; Tbilisi: Gagua Clinic
Project goal: To improve access to abortion through the introduction of a simplified one visit model in Georgia.
Implementation period: 30.09.2019 – 20.09.2021
- Conduct Qualitative research on access barriers to medical abortion “Access to Medical Abortion among Rural and Internally Displaced Women in Georgia”;
- Prepare a clinical trial documentation package and conduct a clinical research on piloting innovative MA model implementation;
- Disseminate results of an innovative model clinical trial among partners and stakeholders;
- Conduct Comparative Costing analysis of innovative and standard MA model;
- Registration of multilevel pregnancy tests on the Georgian market;
- Submit full package of innovative MA provision documentation (Innovative Simplified Model Clinical Research Report and Comparative Costing analysis report) to The Ministry of Internally Displaced Persons from the Occupied Territories, Labour, Health and Social Affairs of Georgia.