„Sustaining and scaling up HIV/AIDS and STI Prevention Programs for MARPs – FSWs, MSM and prisoners”
Donor: The Global Fund to fight AIDS, TB and Malaria
Goal: Prevention of HIV/AIDS and STIs among prisoners, FSWs and MSM.
– Sustaining and functioning of counseling, diagnostic and treatment centers in 5 regions of Georgia (Tbilisi, Batumi, Kutaisi, Zugdidi and Telavi);
– Providing MARPS with Voluntary counseling and Testing on HIV;
– Providing MARPs with free of charge STI testing and treatment;
– Running of Popular opinion leader (POL) HIV prevention programme for MSM;
– Providing Peer Education trainings to MSM and FSWs;
– Organizing educational events for MSM;
– Running of Peer Driven Intervention (PDI) among FSWs;
– Strengthening capacity of prison medical staff on Voluntary Counseling and Testing on HIV (VCT) in 12 prisons;
– Trainings for Medical staff working in penitentiary systems;
– Providing prisoners with voluntary counseling and testing on HIV(VCT);
– Organizing and sustaining of self supporting groups for HIV positive prisoners;
– Providing prisoners with Peer Education trainings on HIV/AIDS, STI and Drug Abuse;
– Supporting of revealed HIV positive prisoners in coordination with IDACIRC for further testing and treatment;
– Monitoring and supervision of VCT centers in 12 prisons;
– Providing MSM prisoners with educational meetings on HIV/AIDS.
Partner organizations: Georgian Dermato Venerology Association; Infectious Diseases, AIDS and Clinical Immunology Research Center (IDACIRC)
Implementation period: April 1, 2014 – September 30, 2014
Implemented by: Tanadgoma head office (Tbilisi), Batumi, Kutaisi, Zugdidi, Telavi branches and Healthy Cabinets located at the same area.